Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Grammy's Big Day

My mom's birthday is Feb. 15 and because we are so blessed to have her here with us helping with Kensley, she didn't get to spend Valentine's Day or her birthday with my dad this year. We wanted to make the day extra special for her because if anybody knows about being separated from their loved one, James and I have plenty of experience with it. We told her she needed to be ready to go on Sunday by noon, but we didn't tell her what we were doing. She thought we were taking her to meet my dad somewhere...hmm, that would have been a much nicer gift than what we did, but I guess we aren't that thoughtful!! :) I will, however, tuck that away for future gifts for my mom! We first took her to Kansai for lunch. We have been trying for years to get her to go to a Japanese restaurant, but she absolutely refuses as she believed it was sushi and rice only! LOL! So since we forced her to go inside, she didn't have a choice in the matter! Now she loves the place and cannot wait to take my dad there!! After lunch, we took her to be a witness while Kensley got holes put in her ears! I don't know that she really enjoyed that, but at least she was there. After that experience, we went to Earth & Fire which is a place where you paint pottery. She picked out a hot plate and the painting experience began. Kensley managed to wear some purple paint in her hair and Mom's poor sleeve had seen better days! James chose a duck to paint and I painted a small little girl to put on the hot plate. After the pottery painting adventure, we went to Graeter's Ice Cream!!! Yummy! Overall, the day was pretty enjoyable...I mean it wasn't the best gift in the world, like meeting up with my dad, but I think it came in a close second! Happy Birthday, Grammy!



No comments:

Post a Comment